Friday, January 27, 2012

Fit Friday

I totally forgot about last Friday but there wasn’t really anything to report.  I was the same and unfortunately the same this week also.  My heart has just not been in it the last few weeks.  I’ve been doing just the bare minimum in exercise and not tracking my calories consistently.  BUT, today Hannah and I are starting a 6 week challenge.  We both set a goal and whoever reaches their goal at the end gets $50.  I’m hoping that together we can encourage and motivate each other. 

I’d thought I’d share my favorite, light, go to lunch.  Sam’s Club has Chicken Sausage in a variety of flavors that are only 120 cals per link.  I cook two in a pan with some olive oil.  Add about 2 cups of green beans, some garlic salt and parmesan cheese and Voila!

DSC04422

It’s so yummy and very filling for less than 300 calories! You could also use asparagus, add some red skin potatoes or whole wheat pasta. 

One of the reasons I haven’t been putting more effort into my exercise is I’ve been making these. 

DSC04429

DSC04425

I got a sewing machine for Christmas and I was itching to do a project so decided to start with an easy pillow for the girls beds.  I really want to learn to sew. (more than a straight line that is)  Now that my mom is living near us I have my own personal sewing instructor!  I don’t really have any interest in making clothing, I want to be able to make things for my house like pillows, window treatments, slipcovers and occasionally some clothing repairs.  The pillows turned out really cute.  Please don’t bring out the measuring tape though because they are far from perfect!   It was a lot of fun and I have to give Matt some credit for putting the boys to bed two nights in a row so I could work on these.  Aren’t they cute???  Smile 

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment