We were in Rockville last weekend so I didn’t have time for an update so I’m rolling the last two weeks together. We went to Rockville to celebrate Grandma Nicola’s birthday.
It was really good for me to get out of the house and town for a few days. The week before was really a blah week. After a week of excessive grumbling and complaining from the kids I was ready to pack up and leave town for a few days, even if I had to take the kids along. I heard on the radio that the 3rd week of January is typically the most depressing week of the year for people. I was glad to hear I wasn’t the only one. After hearing that, I decided to pick myself up and do what needed to be done regardless of how I was feeling.
Here are our Top Five from the past 2 weeks
- Going to Rockville. It’s always nice to stare at someone else’s four walls for a few days.
- The kids went to an Eagle watch at a power plant. They were able to learn about birds of prey and see the birds up close.
- The girls started Jterm at Heritage this week. Hannah is taking a candy making class and skating lessons. Rachel is taking a babysitter course and Equestrian lessons. They were very disappointed with 3 snow days during the first week. Praying for NO snow days this week.
- Hannah went on her first Winter Retreat with the middle school youth group this weekend. She had a blast and I missed her terribly.
- The kids learned how to play spoons at my dad’s. It was so much fun and they LOVED it. I haven’t played in probably 20 years, it was a blast!
I hope you all had a great week!