Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Week One

We kicked off the school year with a little Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.  This has been one of Ben’s favorite books since he was three.  We made a Lapbook that I got off of Confessions of a Homeschooler blog.  We also painted a Coconut Tree and used Ben’s handprints for the leaves. We started with the letter K for our Letter of the Week curriculum.  This is more or less giving him  fine motor skills practice since he’s known his letters since he was two.  He loves anything that has to do with the alphabet so he doesn’t even realize that he’s “working”.  We’re working a lot on cutting, tracing and coloring.  He is so excited to be in “school”.  His favorite time is Calendar Time and loves to sing the Days of the Week song.  I’m having trouble downloading pictures from my camera but hoping to get it figured out very soon!

                   DSC02245

                        Our Chicka Chicka Lapbook.

HIGHLIGHT OF THE WEEK!  We made a Creation Book this week.  When I asked what God did on the seventh day he replied “He was sleeping and dreaming”.  I asked “What was he dreaming about?”.  His response was “Loving me, loving my family and helping me be a good listener at school.”  That statement was worth more than any academic achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment