Monday, November 1, 2010

P cont’d

The last two weeks have been crazy.  Jacob and Rachel were both home for 4 days from school with fevers and bad colds.  I’m so glad that I took pictures of stuff I did with Ben to reassure myself that we did get some school accomplished.  It really threw Ben off that the other two were home and his attention span was very short. 

                 DSC02393DSC02395  DSC02397                     

 

 

 

 

 

   I made some orange playdoh and put some pumpkin spice in it to make it smell good.  He made cookies and leaves.  He sorted quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies into pumpkins.  We worked on adding 3’s. 

DSC02494

 

Rachel was home and took some pictures of us. 

 

 

DSC02499

 

 

 

 

 

DSC02503

  Rachel got to join in during craft time. 

DSC02502

For family time this week we read the Pumpkin Patch Parable and talked about how Jesus takes away all the yucky stuff inside us so we can shine for him. 

DSC02479

Our pumpkins. (Joe wasn’t happy with his)

DSC02490 

We made a poster with our knuckle and thumbprints.   The kids loved that Matt and I put our prints on there too. Jesus is the vine that holds our family together and apart from him we can do nothing.  You can check out my facebook page for all the Halloween costume pictures.  Ben and Jacob did great this year.  Ben’s only issue was that he wanted to “explore” through everyone’s  landscaping.  Luckily it’s fall and all the flowers are dead already.  October was a very busy month and there were a lot more things I wanted to do with Ben than got done. Every day is a new day and I’m learning to let go of the little things and thankful for the things that do get accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment